Dropping Film Knowledge like a Clumsy Librarian (somewhere in the 700 section…)
People seem to be liking the film industry / history writing I’ve been doing over at Quora, so if you’re one of the folks mad I don’t have more time for long-form industry ramblings these days, there might be something there to scratch your itch?
Or here’s a few direct-links to whet your appetite:
- Are movies earning money during their theatrical runs faster than 20 years ago? How is this changing the theatre business?
- What movie has the most on-location international settings?
- Why does the cinema industry still support flat and scope aspect ratios now that 35mm is dead?
- Why do movies look smooth at 24fps, but video games look all choppy?
- How did TIFF become such an important international film festival?
- How can you tell if a movie is a “success” or not?
- Is “Box Office” the same thing as “Profit” (NO, NO, NO, stop doing this random people on the internet!)
- How much does it cost to license a song for a movie?
- What’s it like to be a film producer?
- Does anyone still do test screenings in the age of the Internet?
- How can I self-distribute a film I made?
- If Box Office doesn’t equal profit, is this because of this dodgy “Hollywood Accounting” I’ve heard so much about (Arrrrgggh)
- What is the purpose of those coloured pieces of plastic on film set lights?
The Internet everyone!