Net Neutrality for Content Creators – Am I a “Media Personality” Yet?
So I’m back from my two-day sojourn into the heart of darkness of government.
The CRTC net neutrality public hearings have a couple of (big) days to go yet. I think the joint CFTPA / IFTA team did a tremendous job in preparation and all we can do now is hope that we at least planted the seeds of our message so that the ISP’s don’t get an easy ride when they’re up on Friday.
I had some very positive discussions with media (and other gallery observers) following our presentation – which at least made me feel that our main points got across and we got a lot of nice write-ups today:
- The CBC had a nice piece on our presentation with a photograph – and my first ever press pull-quote involving wack-a-mole
- Gregg O’Brien at Cartt.ca has a wonderful follow-up interview which includes a couple of the examples we presented to the commission
- Nice piece by Matt Hartley for the Financial Post. Matt has also been diligently liveblogging the whole proceedings
- Canwest News Service
- Michael Geist’s Day Three Summary
- Tech Media Report’s Stefan Dubowski wrote perhaps my favourite article (and one of the few which mentioned Rocket Ace Moving Pictures who was actually the producer of both Couchathon and Cerealized) – note that Tech Media Reports is a pay subscription service.
Thanks to everyone who sent me links to articles, or kind words following the presentation. Special hat-tip to Erin – for the lengthy consultation on what tie I should bring to Ottawa.