Content has, indeed, been pretty light lately – mostly because what’s been occupying my time for the last couple months doesn’t really lend itself to discussion. If you think comic writers and artists get frustrated when wanting to discuss work with months of lead time, imagine my frustration when there’s a chance some of the seeds currently being planted will pay off next year. Maybe.
However, I am… slowly… starting to warm to the whole Twitter thing, thus cementing my reign as “that guy who alternates between being way ahead of, and way behind, the curve.” It turns out that the excellent Tweetie client was the tipping point, if you’ve found it equally hard to get into this tweet-business. I’m going to look at embedding a twitter widget here as soon as I get a chance – but I will warn in advance my tweeting is pretty asinine (irreverent if you’re charitable).
So – given that I’ve just returned from a Beantown roadtrip, that included (amongst other things) a visit to Ye old PAX East, and that people seem interested in my thoughts on the same I present one of those grand traditions of lazy blog-posts since time immemorial – THE NUMBERED LIST:
Best Five Surprises in Boston Over the Weekend:
- 1. Plants vs. Zombies – PopCap’s trademark addictive crack provides a welcome PAX moment of respite (and, unlike Bookworm Adventures, it’s good to go for mac)!
- 2. The Oak Bar’s (expectedly) pricey cocktails came in… like… a bucket. A bucket of cocktail.
- 3. Gabe’s impromptu DM panel.
- 4. Jonathan Coulton and Paul and Storm show up to sing “Diseases of Yore” at the MC Frontalot set on Friday… (which likely only surprised me because I was unaware that this was a thing).
- 5. Charlie’s Turkey Hash.
Worst Disappointments in Boston Over the Weekend:
- 1. Went to dinner instead of picking up a PAX scarf. Of course they sold out immediately.
- 2. Bruins score first two goals of the game on Saturday.
- 3. 3-0 Bruins
- 4. 4-0 Bruins
- 5. 5-0 Bruins